Monday, December 28, 2009

Center of Attention

So, besides the "look at our cute kid" table numbers, we're still playing with ideas for our centerpieces.  The hotel is supplying black overlays, mirrors, garden bowls, & votive holders, we have to supply the rest. I personally have been to too many weddings where the mirrors have been used and want to do something a little bit different. I could do simple like place mats. I could always dress them up with some hot pink ribbon along the sides.  Plus I found these black ribbed ones @ Target (or Tar-jay as we call it) for $1.99!



If worse came to worse & I didn't use them for the wedding, I could always use them for the house! I know, I'm terrible, any excuse to run out to the store and buy something right? Who's with me?! For the garden bowls, I'll be using floating candles and then some pink & white crystals at the bottom.



I've also been nagging asking my friends and family to save all of their clear glass jars in all shapes and sizes. Everything from jelly jars to spaghetti jars because we want to add a little more color to the table. Stick some of the submersible lights in the jars and the pink aqua balls.



I'm still looking at different elements and ideas so this is just a tentative rough draft. I'll do a mock up of the different ideas that are sloshing around in my brain. What are you using to add a little bit of color to your tables?

0 comments: