Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Back-splashing the Head Table

So, our head table will be sitting in front of a big, blank, beige wall. I'm not the first member of my family to have my reception at this establishment. Since I was not in the room when my mom & dad were married, I'm not sure what their room decorations looked like, most of the pictures have been discarded since they are also no longer married. I was however in attendance at my Aunt & Uncles reception and I know exactly what was behind their head table. It was two big pink hearts with their names spelled out in white lights. I've been trying to find a picture of it but haven't had any luck. The hearts had texture to them too, they were so pretty.

I've been thinking about things we can do to brighten up the "blah" wall behind us because even though we won't be sitting there long, people will still be taking pictures of us @ the head table during the clanging of the glasses/expected smooching moments. Plus, any excuse to add a little decor right? So, what do we have to choose from?

Fabric?



Uplighting? I'm not so sure about this. We plan on having this through out the reception area so I'm trying to do something a little bit different.



Fabric and Lighting?




Balloons?


Each of these are available to me by different vendors in my area at reasonable prices. I like the twinkle fabric but it maybe over-kill because our head table will be covered in lighted fabric as well.  While searching through all thing flowy and sparkly, I found something VERY cool, AND Oprah approved!

How cool would these look with a black back ground and  a little bit of lighting to make them sparkle? These were used for Miss Oprah's 50th birthday bash! I'm going to have the Mr do a little bit of brainstorming on how we can get these to sit behind us so I know if we can pull it off or not.

What are you putting behind your head table?

0 comments: