Saturday, December 26, 2009

Save The Dates

My save the dates are still a work in progress. I'm having some serious issues with my designs, so I've been playing with different styles, fonts & layouts. For our first save the date headache draft, I used our original colors of brown & pink.

I do still like this one, I mean, who doesn't love poka-dots?!

The next few drafts are incomplete. Between the "Save The Date" and info, I was thinking about putting something there like ribbon, glitter or even a stamp. The first one was completely movie inspired. Have you heard of Twilight? Yea, that is Carmilla AKA Edward Cullens' script along the edge. I got the font here.




This next one is the nerd in David and myself, if you notice, the font is the very same one used for the Xbox that I picked up here.





The last one I made for fun. Dave thinks it's great but not really "traditional" enough. I saw a couple do this with their Mii's on their wedding invitations.




Yes, those are totally our Xbox avatars! I cracked up when I put this one together. I still think they are very cute. I'm determined to have these included in our wedding day celebration. Maybe for our place cards at the head table?

This is still a work in progress and I could always try to incorporate a little from each one too. I want to have them sent out by 11/07 so that will be exactly the 6 month mark. Now that I have said that out loud, it is much closer than it had felt a moment ago. Deep breaths!

So, which one do you like best? How many save the dates drafts ended up balled up on the floor or in your computers trash bin?



2 comments:

Monicka said...

I like the pink and brown ones....absolutely freakin adorable! a fellow bee

Michele said...

Thanks! That was the very 1st one I did ever.