Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Toppin' the Cake

Through out this entire planning process, I have heard the term "whatever your want honey" consistently out of David mouth. He has not requested anything for himself besides his "chucks" for his feet. I agreed to this as long as he bought new ones in black because his brown ones don't match, and they are old LOL. I find something I like, tell/show him, and he tells me "whatever you want honey" or "I don't think I like that". If he doesn't like something, we go over the pros and cons and he either sees it my way, or I start back from scratch. An example, he does not care what the other boys will be wearing but he will NOT wear ANY type of pink. I have since left that subject alone, his tie will be white.

After having my one-on-one with my magical cake lady, it was still left up in the air what we would stick on the top of the cake. I told her I would be giving her enough notice ahead if we would have a topper or just flowers so she could plan accordingly. Again, I was told, whatever you want honey, that was until we walked into a bridal store, and he saw this:


Now I love all things sparkly so I was very surprised that he liked this! So, since he hasn't asked for anything, I agreed without hesitation, but I also pointed to the hefty price tag that came with it. So, he told me no problem! Wow! He's going to spend some big money on a monogram cake topper, alright! Wrong. He assigned me the job of making one. It's actually nice that not only can I add another DIY project to our wedding, but he also knows I've got the ability to create something!

What are you toppin' your cake with? Has your FH asked you to make something?

0 comments: