Wednesday, September 2, 2009

iDress

I am the anti-bride when it comes to wedding dresses. I'm not very comfortable wearing a dress and never really have been. I'm not sure if it's the tom boy in me or just my comfort zone. I have gone dress shopping 2 times. The 1st time I went, was right after we set our 2009 date. I tried on I think 3 dresses, fell in love with the last one, wrote the number down and left. I didn't need to order it right away since there was a lot of time before I had to make my final decision and I wanted my mom to see the pictures we took first since she's in NJ. Now, this is the only picture I could find from this trip, my friend Susie used her cell phone and gave it a fuzy edging, sorry about the quality but, I can tell by my posture and the fact I'm smiling, I was in love with this dress. I remember I felt like a million bucks wearing this.



*my photo*



Well, about a month ago, I was online and found the same dress, for HALF OFF!!! I couldn't believe it! I checked for my size online, they didn't have it. BOO! I had to stop in there anyway to pick up some color swatches so I decided to go right after work. I brought along friend J with me since she wanted to look @ the swatches. She's helping me make my girls jewelry for the wedding. While I was in there, I nonchalantly asked the girl @ the front desk while I was paying for my swatches, if they had my size in that style and what the price was. She asked one of the ladies who helps the brides if she could check for me and off she disappeared into the rows of white poofy dresses. Within minutes, out of the corner of my eye, I see her walking back towards us, with a big bag full of dress. She immediately told me to come with her. Here's a picture of it spread out and steamed.






She told me that this was my dress, but in cream, it's been discontinued, and was half price and she wanted me to try it on. I was so excited and got right into the dressing room. I put the dress on, and looking down @ myself, everything looked the same. I stepped out into
the mirrors and got a good look at myself. This did not look or feel like the dress I'd tried on last year.


It was the right dress, and it was a beautiful dress, but I felt horrible in it. I mulled around the dressing room for a bit and decided to plunk my deposit down. I decided to sleep on it and see how I felt in the morning since I have 3 days to change my mind for a full refund. I work up, still knowing it was not the one. I went back into the store and told them I didn't want the dress and got a refund. I'm glad I just placed it on "hold" before making an irrational decision that I would be regretting now. I didn't have a camera or my phone the second time around. I'm having some real issues getting motivated to get out and find a dress. I don't know if it's because I don't wear dresses or if it's physiological.  I do know that if I don't LOVE the dress, I won't be buying it and thats that. It's hard enough putting dresses on so until I put one on that sings to me, I'll keep on looking.


Anyone else second guess themselves while buying your dress? Any advice for me with my dress complex?





0 comments: