Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Will you be my bridesmaid?

When we picked our first date, I ran around asking all of my BFF's to be in my wedding party. I originally had 1 MOH, 3 BM's, & 2 Jr BM's. When we decided we had to postpone our date, they were all very supportive and promised to be there for me when we set our new date. This is why I love them all!


These girls and I try to go out @ least once a month for dinner to TGIFridays, with the exception of my sister BM#1 who lives in MO. :( We all started going out to dinner together and BM Tracey and I had become very good friends with Bonnie who we met at work. After we had set the new date, we came to the conclusion, well I did mostly, that adding Bonnie to the wedding party was only natural. So this time around, I decided to make a little project out of it! I have to apologize in advance, the pictures I originally took while I was making them are MIA. I had to borrow Tracey's so you will have to excuse the ripped envelope. We all went to dinner one night and I passed them out, Bonnie had no idea it was coming so it was a surprise for her!



Here's the envelope. I used black card stock and printed each girls name in black using Carmilla which I got here. Recognize it? Yes I am a Twilight junkie and Yes that is Edwards handwriting. The black showed up just enough for me to be able to use a white pen and rewrite the name out. I stuck a little clear crystal on each name as well. The pink strip was actually put there because the paper I used was pink metallic and I LOVE it and wanted to use it everywhere I could! My obsession with this paper inspired the wedding colors and my invitations. That strip goes all the way to the back of the envelope.


I used the same concept here and used the initial of my first name to seal the envelope.


Next I cut out long rectangular pieces of white, brown, and metallic pink card stock for the backing. I cut out smaller squares of white and the metallic again. I told you I love this paper! I printed each girls name on white card stock and used the Carmilla for the names. Next, I adhered the name flower, pink smaller square and white smaller together and punched holes in the corners after I'd rounded them. I then put the longer pink, brown, and white together. I used brown because at that time, we were still going with brown. To line up the holes to put the brads through, I put the already punched smaller square on top of the larger rectangle, and then punched through the existing holes on the top layers. The brands are the only thing holding the pieces together so I wanted to make sure they were lined up nicely.

I added a little poem on white card stock and glued a looped ribbon to the back, then placed a piece of brown card stock to the back so you couldn't see it. All the girls loved them and Bonnie gave me a very enthusiastic yes after I gave her the card. If I can find my original pictures, I promise to post them with a physical step by step, or I might just remake one of the cards, just to have an excuse to use the metallic pink again!

How did you ask your bridal party to stand up in your wedding, and did you make any additions later on?

***all photos by me



0 comments: