Friday, September 11, 2009

Something Old

I wanted to be B.L.I.N.G.E.D. out on my wedding day. Even if it wasn't real, I wanted to be sparkly. So I did some peaking around and there are so many choices. You can either go the simple route or something completely outrageous. I got an email from The Knot that they were partnering up with a company called Adorn Brides. This company rents jewelry out to you for your wedding day! How cool is that?! And some of the stuff they have, won't break the bank. You recieve your piece 2 days before your event, and have to send it back the 1st business day after your event using the packaging and prepaid label they send you. It's also INSURED while you have it! There is a deposit required of 5% of the retail value of the piece as well. They have so many pieces to choose from!


You can have something elegant and simple like the Coleman Pendant which is a .53 TCW white diamond for $100


Source

You can get super fancy and get the 14.02 TCW yellow & white diamond Crestwood Necklace for a cool $1900.00. *Swoon*


Source

You can also rent them in bridal sets of necklaces' and matching earrings. They also have bling for your bridesmaids! Well, the other day, my grandmother asked me to clean my Bobcias' (polish for Grandmother) wedding set for her. This gets tricky but my Bobcia was my grandmothers' step-grandmother; my great-great grandmother. We pulled out all of her jewelry to get to the rings and that is when I saw them, the most unlikely piece of jewelry I would ever think about wearing because I thought they were so cliche. Pearls. Now, they are not real, but they are a very pale pink and they are perfect! (the next 2 pics were take by me)





My little camera doesn't do them the justice the deserve! The clasp defiantly has to be replaced as you can see in the last picture. My friend Jen, who is also helping me make the jewelry for my girls, will also be restringing these for me and replacing the clasp. The necklace is just too long and hopefully with some of the length she takes off, I can have her knock out my earrings too! Grandma gave them to me so they are now mine and I was given permission to take them apart and use them for the wedding! I'm so excited she showed these to me because it takes care of my jewelry and my something old.

Were you given jewelry that belonged to someone in your family to wear on your wedding day? Did you have one thing in mind and completely switch after finding something else?



0 comments: