Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

I'm not a big fan of cake and Dave eats sweets on a very rare occasion. I went to several bridal shows last year when we were planning our 2009 non-nuptials, and I did try some of the cake samples that were there. I always wanted to have a wedding cake, and it had to be one that I really liked. I'm not a huge chocolate fan so white cake and white frosting were the two factors I was looking for. At one of the shows I met Diane Serra who owns Caramici's Dessert Bar & Bakery. Her cake was incredible. It was fantastic and it didn't fell too heavy. She was so nice and we also found out her shop is literally right across the street from my church! I'd always known I wanted to have her make our cake when the time came and had every intention of setting up a sit down with her.

Fast Forward to June 2009 when I get a call from bridesmaid T who tells me a friend of hers is looking for budget savvy bride to write an article on for the Money Maters section of the newspaper. She called me up and asked me questions about the postponement, how my vendors reacted and if I'd noticed how the shift in the economy had impacted the companies who provide services for weddings. She asked me if I'd booked anything else besides my reception hall and I told her we had not but I was planning on calling Diane about my cake. The next day she called me again and told me they wanted a photo to go along with the story and wanted to know if we had done an E-session. I told we had not done anything like that and didn't have any recent pictures. She thought it would be a good idea to go down to Caramici's & do my consultation there with the owner whole one of the papers photographers snapped some photos. We had a great time and I got to eat some more of her yummy cake! at the end, after the photographer left, she drew up y contract and I was set, our cake was booked!

I had a lot of fun doing that and you can actually still see the article on the Buffalo News' web site here. Has anyone else gotten any local media attention even if it was inadvertently?

0 comments: