Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Inspirational Board

We have actually changed our wedding colors since we first started the planning process. At first we were thinking about pink & brown. I even had a beautiful inspirational boarded made for me by the wonderful Carly Wolf who offers her creative board making services on her blog Inspiring Brides. Yum!



Source

After doing some research on decorations and fabric, I just wasn’t thrilled with the browns I was coming across. Too many shades to choose from just wasn’t working for me. Pink was easy since we’re going with Gerber Daisy’s, and we’re using several shades of pink throughout the wedding. We decided to change the brown to black. Black is easier to find for all types of projects. It’s also going to make life easier on my bridal party since I am allowing them each to find a dress they are comfortable in. My bridesmaids range from 5’11’’ to 5’ and not everyone is going to fie same dress comfortably.

Another color I loved with the pink and black is lime green. Seeing pictures of limes in centerpieces really got me into loving the green. I don’t know if I will have any use for it at this point, but I do keep it on the back burner just incase I find a place for it.

Have you made any changes to your wedding colors?


0 comments: