Friday, August 21, 2009

iRing

I thought the title was appropriate since our Mac's keyboard got into the pic. David and I actually have our rings already. My rings were bought as a matching set. It has a wedding band and an anniversary band. David and I are both hard core gamers so what better way to show off my bling than with my favorite controller!







As you can see, I'm an Xbox girl. I got the pink remote for my birthday! Our engagement wasn't very romantic, and I'm not a very romantic girl so it really didn't bother me that there wasn't a big production made out of it. We were living in Virginia at the time and we had been talking about marriage for awhile. We knew we wanted to get married and I wanted an engagement ring. Getting him to go into any type of jewelry store was like pulling teeth. I got lucky one day when we were walking by a jewelry store and he saw a really nice watch in their window. Well all of a sudden he wanted to go in. He was looking at the watches and I made a bee line for the ring cases. It didn't take very long for me to fall in love with it, and on hold it went. Fast forward a few months later and we're moving back to my home town of Buffalo, NY after I'd lived in Virginia for 6 years. We paid the ring off after we had moved and they shipped it to us in New York. As SOON as the box came, I was running around the house so giddy, but as quiet as I could because little miss Morgan was napping. He knew I wouldn't wait, and he knew I didn't want a big deal made of it, so he opened the box, got down on a knee and officially asked. I jumped up and down like a lunatic, and we were engaged. Next up, his ring......


Anyone else have their future fiancees get cold feet when it was time to look for your ring?


*All pictures take by me*

0 comments: