Thursday, August 27, 2009

Pucker Up

I signed up for Sephora's email list the moment our mall announced we were getting one. The catchy subject of the most recent email caught my eye. Twilight Venom. I knew this could be one of two things, a very very dark color, almost a deep blue like the night, or a reference to one of my favorite fictional series, Twilight. I pulled up the email and the description reads "Based on the fresh-bitten lips from the Blockbuster movie".


Now I don't think this would be an appropriate color to wear on my wedding day, and it's hard to tell if that's even glitter in the bottle. I wonder how that would even spread on. It did get me thinking about wearing a classic red lip for the wedding. There is a fantastic picture of my grandparents on their wedding day, and my grandmother looked so classy and she had red lipstick on. I've never been a big lipstick wearer. My lip routine consists of a light pink gloss when I go out, or Soft-Lips in Cherry or Vanilla-YUM.

I don't think I could get away with red lips on a good day so I'm not sure if I can pull it off on my wedding day. Part of me has always been a little bit chicken about wearing red lip stick. I've always had this idea that only certain people can get away with it. I've been thinking about my wedding day make up and when the time comes for my trial, I'll ask for my normal pal pink first and then maybe take the red for a test drive to see how it goes. I'll be sure to post pics so I can get some feed back.


Have you decided to try something out of your comfort zone since it's your wedding day?

0 comments: