Tuesday, January 5, 2010

iConfess

I have wedding dress shopping issues. Getting my tush out to dress shop has been a chore for me. I have put it off and cancelled over and over and I'm not sure why. I have a few thoughts on this matter though and was looking for some feedback.  


#1-I wear jeans and a t-shirt just about every single day. Dressing up usually consist of a cute top, nice jeans and heels. I wear dresses to weddings and do not own a skirt. Now, I have my mind set on tradition, tradition, tradition, so I will need to WOman-up and get into trying on some gowns eventually. The last dress I wore was over a year ago to my sister wedding. I was ok with it and Dave loved me in it so I am planning on purchasing some dresses (and maybe a skirt) for wedding related parties like bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and bachelorette outing. I'm just not used to the whole dress wearing concept itself and once I start "practicing" maybe it will become more natural.


#2-I am a full figure chick. The girls make tops hard enough for me to find but I cannot stand how they look when I'm supposed to be dressed up. I've always been top heavy but ever since Morgan was born, I am over the top heavy. I'm trying to watch what I eat, but I am honestly not big into dieting because even when I try to diet, I cheat...........constantly. So, it could be my shape holding me back? Anyone see Coraine a thousand times like we have? Picture Miss Forcible (she's on the right).





I love those two, it's an exaggeration, but you get the point. So, thats my dilemma. I can look through the magazines and see dresses that I think are pretty and beautiful (Christina Wu anyone?), but honestly, the dress is probably the least important thing on my list. Blasphemy, I know. I really need to just get out there and try on some different styles and find ones that looks good on my shape. Most of what I've read say halters work best for top heavy gals like myself. I also refuse to spend a lot of money on it because it isn't important to me. I'd rather spend the money on other aspects of the wedding like the decor or a chocolate fountain! Yummmmm. See, I told ya, diets and me=EPIC FAIL. I plan on trashing that sucker shortly after the wedding in a Trash The Dress Session, so spending a lot of money on something I will destroy isn't something I want to do either.


Anyone else feel ehhh about the whole dress thing? Anyone got any advice on dressing for the big day when your top-heavy?

0 comments: