Thursday, January 14, 2010

They're No Manolos

I know, I know, I don't have a wedding dress so what the heck am I doing buying shoes?!  Not to worry, I haven't bought my shoe's yet. You know, the HAWT pink ones I'll have on me when I walk to down the aisle. I bought my reception shoes! I am in no way a "shoe person"-unlike my sister who believes in the motto, "You cannot have too many shoes, ever". I consider myself a purse collector. I love kate spade! I have one pair of dressy Tommy Hilfiger sandals and all of the rest of my shoes are the chunky boot-looking kind. I also have a pair of all black Adidas sandals that I used to chase Morgan around in last summer. I spend most of my time in sneakers but I knew I didn't want to do that for the wedding. This was an important day so I wanted to do a little something out of the normal, yet comfortable, and still within my tomboy-esque comfort zone. I had to come up with something that was a little of both, and then I laid my eyes on these....



Oh yes, they are everything I never knew I always wanted in my reception foot gear. They are pink & black which are our wedding colors, they are soooo comfy, and they are in typical Michele taste. I bought them right then and there. I know I will wear these bad boys no matter what happens, (can you feel the impulse buyers remorse coming on?)  but in searching online for a good picture of my shoes, I came across something else that I'm thinking maybe a little more fitting for the occasion.




These look a little bit more bridal I think. So here it is, do I stick with what I have, or do I buy the pink & white ones which would also increase my sad and pathetic little shoe collection? Are you wearing something non-wedding-ish on your toes during the reception?

2 comments:

Denise said...

I used to have pink and white ones just like them.. Not the white and pink you also have pictured.. lol.. I think they are super comfy and sooo you. You will be happy when it is reception time and you dont have to kick off those so uncomfortable high heels. Very cute:o)

Michele said...

Thats what I'm thinking! Thank you love! :)