Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm a Cartoon!



I have always loved pictures and drawings. My friend Dale is an amazing artist and can draw any super hero free hand. I've got a few of his drawings up on my desk @ work that he did for me from the game Bioshock. One day I was floating around online and saw a board post on Weddingbee asking for ideas. Róisín Curé is an artist who makes the-most beautiful drawings of couples to use for your wedding, like wedding invitations and thank you notes. She was looking to expand her comic strip portfolio but needed real stories of real couples. I thought it wouldn't hurt to send her our story and see what happens. Ro emailed me and said she'd like to use our story! I couldn't believe it. I sent her some pictures of us, some places we loved, even our hobbies. 


I received an email from her several days later that said "Hi Michele, Your comic strip is done......." I was so excited, it was like Christmas. Since I was at work, I had to download the attachment on my iPhone which takes an eternity when you really want something to open. I think it's part of the programing. After a few moments, this popped up on my screen



It brought a cheshire cat grin to my face and tears in my eyes. I sent this wonderful lady a picture of David an I, our story of meeting in a call center which you can see in pic #1, plus, a fact about each of us; that I LOVE Bills football (I've got my Marshawn Lynch Jersey in pic 2), and Dave is a computer geek/guy. The final tid-bit of information I sent to her was that our favorite Vacation spot was Myrtle Beach and that Morgan is what made our world go around. She put the 3 of us on the beach together in the last picture. I can't even begin to tell you how much I love what she has created. We are going to frame this and also display it on one of the tables at the wedding so our guests can see it! If you'd like to see more of her work, you can check out her website Bespoke Wedding Invitations.

Have you added any artistic elements into your wedding day?


2 comments:

Customized Wedding Creations said...

That is awesome! Your wedding is going to be great with details like that. :)

Michele said...

Thank you dear!!!!